How can you reduce the risk of getting sore throats?
Cold & Flu
Since most sore throats are caused by germs5, there are steps that you can take to prevent getting an infection:
- Avoid sharing utensils with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap.
- Practice proper hand and throat hygiene by using an antiseptic hand wash and gargle, such as BETADINE® Gargle to kill germs and prevent passing on germs within the family or community2.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands as germs can enter your body this way and make you sick.
- Stay away from people who are ill, as germs can spread.
BETADINE® Gargle & Mouthwash (Povidone-Iodine 1%w/v)
A great home use sore throat relief. A 30sec gargle kills the germs in your mouth and throat.